Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Purple Crochet Set For A Girl

Hello Blogger Friends!

Birthday gift for girl is so easy to fine or make.  My daughter is going to her classmate birthday party this Saturday and I made this crochet set for her to give it to her friend.


 I discovered a new way to make the gloves.  I knitted the cuff first then I crocheted the rest of the glove.  This way the two gloves finished evenly.  Trying to crochet a pair of exact same glove or sock is not easy as it look because the stitches tension was not the same and I ended up 2 gloves with different sizes.

  I don't like the ruffle scarf that I saw on the web.  It was too ruffle (lol).  It was too curly for me so I changed the pattern.  If you know how to crochet, the ruffle scarf is the easiest scarf to make.

Here is my pattern.  It can be used for 5 to 7 years old.  You can change the pattern by increasing the stitches.   I crochet tighter than other people so I used more stitches.

Ruffle Scarf pattern

1. Chain 121
2. single crochet in the second chain from hook. single crochet across. chain 1 and turn
3. 2 half double crochets in each single crochet across.  chain 2 and turn
4. 2 double crochet in each half double crochet across.  chain 2 and turn
5. 1 double crochet, chain 1, 1 double crochet chain 1, across
6. single crochet across with contrasting color.





Thank for stopping by again.

Helen

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love not only the gifts but the colors you used too! So very pretty --- and your gloves turned out great! I'm just learning to knit -- maybe someday I'll tackle a project like this! So very, very pretty!

Hussena said...

Oh i love this set of hat ,Gloves and the scarf ...sooo pretty..and such a perfect gift for a little girl :)

Patty O'Malley said...

So cute!

Ann said...

that is a really cute set. I'm not much into ruffles but it is a cute scarf for a little girl

Monica said...

So very pretty. Lovely colours as well.
Monica xxx

Merry said...

Such a pretty set especially with the addition of those flowers.

Maria Matter said...

beautiful set, love the color!

Panda8ngel said...

Very Beautiful!