Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby Carriages

Good Morning Everyone!

Phew! I finally finished my other half of the baby shower order.  They are baby carriage favors.  I made 20 of them.  Each has a little something different.








 The small pink handles were from the Swirls Scribbles. I cut parts of the swirls off.  The long brown handles were from a die cut called Flourish.  I only cut the very bottom of the Flourish.  Each baby carriage had four handles.  I mounted the card stock to the chip board for sturdiness. The Swirls Scribbles handles actually had six pieces. I glued three swirls on each side because the Sizzlits Dies only cut card stocks.  So each baby carriage had about 30 pieces total. Michelle at Pink Paper Paradise had a tutorial on the baby carriage.  Thank you Michelle for the tutorial.  The compartment was inspired from here.

 Adding the compartment was the hardest.  I didn't find a better way until I was more than half way done.  Here is a picture when to add the compartment.



When adhere the long piece of card stock to form the carriage stop half way and then glue the compartment in.  I learned the hard way.  So hopefully this will help you.  Also, I cut the four circles/ovals the same size this way I have a clean look on the inside.  The tiny cut edges are between the outside pattern papers and the inside card stock.


 Here is a completed 3 tier cake.  I added a flower to each of the icing.  Ann asked to leave the center of the cake empty so she could place a pregnant woman in the center.  How cut is that going to be?


 I don't bake or entertain so I don't own any baking silver ware or any large China.  So this round stool will do for now.

Here is the inside of the cake.  Delicious, isn't it?


Thank you so much for taking a peek.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Helen

17 comments:

Princess said...

Positively love and adore these! Wow. I can't believe all the lttle extra touches you put into these. Simply divine! And thecake is delicious looking!

Michelle said...

Oh my, Helen, you have been so busy! The carriages look adorable, well done! That compartment is so clever. That cake is just amazing, who ever ordered all this is going to be blown away, they will love it.

Whimcees said...

Hello Helen!

The baby carriages are so cute - I love them! A lot of work to make 20 of them! They look wonderful!

I absolutely love the cake - it is beautiful and delicious looking!

Great projects! Wishing you a happy weekend! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Patti said...

Love those baby carriages! I am making a cake too! Hope it comes out as nicely as yours!

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - these carraiges are awesome!!!! I have to keep them in mind. My friends are way past having children. That cake, too is so wonderful. It will be such a great party to attend and have such fabulous favor to remember it by!!!! Great job - wonderful projects. TFS

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - these carraiges are awesome!!!! I have to keep them in mind. My friends are way past having children. That cake, too is so wonderful. It will be such a great party to attend and have such fabulous favor to remember it by!!!! Great job - wonderful projects. TFS

Patty O'Malley said...

OH Helen, you need to show these to the girls in the office for future reference! Just gorgeous! I do hope you are getting a fair amount for this work.

Regina said...

Hi Helen!!! Your carriages are absolutely awesome!!! I visited some pages of your blog and you did a wonderful job!! I love everything here.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Regina

Rae said...

OMG, Helen! Your creations are too darn cute! I love them all! What a darling baby shower favor!!! And the cake is beautiful, too!

kit said...

These are really cute. I have seen Michelle's tutorial and your version is just adorable. Really like the use of the lace.

PawwPadd said...

OMG Helen!!! These are soooo incredibly cute and creative!!! I love, love, love your work! WOW-WEE!
Bethann-Caseys Pitter Patter Chatter

TrishG said...

Great baby carriages! and cake too!
Wow - you make awesome 3D stuff. I really don't enjoy making anything 3D

CC said...

I just came across your Baby Carriage Favors. They are awesome! I want to try making them.

I'm not grasping the "how to" on the compartment cover. If you glued it in, how does it go up and down?

Merlyn said...

OMG!!! Very very cute... Really soooooooooooo cuuuuuuttttteeeeeeee... You have put lot of hard work and patience to finish this wonderful creation:)I came to know your blog through MIM..I love all the works ..I am becoming your follower..

http://merlyn-fineartgallery.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

Helen...made similar pram boxes inspired by you . Thank You so much! Here is the link :http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.in/2012/07/pram-shaped-box.html

Brenda "Disney Girl" said...

So, so cute! I will have to try and make the carriage. I am a new follower.

Pat N. said...

Wow, your projects are unbelievable! Kudos to you--those carriages are all so adorable. And that cake is amazing! Love the stripes on the inside to really duplicate the look of layered cake. Fabulous!!--Pat N.