Monday, October 15, 2012

Gray Broomstitch Scarf

Hello,

When I first saw this crochet pattern, I wanted to learn how to do it right a way.  This pattern is my favorite pattern in crocheting so far.



Isn't it gorgeous? or it is just me.  I just love this pattern.  Can you picture it in purple, raspberry or pink!
Click here to go to the tutorial 

I checked the size #50 knitting needles.  They cost almost $10 for a pair.  Even  with the 40% off coupon, they still came out around $7 after taxes.  I knew I am not going to use them so I used a small pvc pipe
 (3/4 inch) , a left over pipe scrap  for the lace.

Have a wonderful day!

Helen

10 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

beautiful design!!!!
Paula

Merry said...

This is a beautiful crochet pattern...yes, purple would be wonderful..

Ann said...

That is gorgeous. I love it. How clever of you to use the pvc pipe too. I wouldn't have paid that much for a pair of needles either

Patty O'Malley said...

I've never seen this pattern. Love it!

marie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today -it was so nice of Ann to feature me on her blog!
This scarf is so pretty...I love it in gray - at least it looks gray on my monitor! Wish I could crochet!

Panda8ngel said...

I love that you used pvc pipe! :) It's a beautiful scarf! :)

JustNeedling said...

Very interesting stitch. I never heard or seen it before. Nice scarf, Helen.

Rae said...

Very pretty!

Dizzy Broad said...

That's gorgeous! I'll have to go give it a try sometime. Thanks for the link and inspiration!

Dizzy Broad said...

That's gorgeous! I'll have to go give it a try sometime. Thanks for the link and inspiration!