Monday, April 25, 2011

Purple and cream 3 Tiers Cake

Good Morning Bloggers!
I made this 3 tiers cake and a 2 tiers cake for AnnMarie before my blog break.  It was for a bridal shower.  I really love how this 3 tiers cake turned out and AnnMarie also loved it. 







I made the cake stand between each layer using sewing thread spools and foam board.  I didn't decorate the cake stand because once I placed it between the cake layer it just blended in.



This is the top of the cake.  I used the mini roses for the top boxes because the boxes were much smaller the the middle and the bottom layer.  Mini roses tutorial can be found here. The rose petals were white and I sponged Elegant Eggplant ink from Stampin' Up! all around.  Then I added a pearl in the rose center.  They look much better in person.






This is how the cake pieces looked.


This is the 2 tier cake.  Oop! I forgot to cover the counter before I took the picture.

I am entering this to the following challenges:

PPP- Make It Monday

Sparkles forum challenges -  anything goes

Ellephantastic challenges - anything but square or rectangle 

shannon's sentiments storefront - anything but a card

DeliciousDoodlesChallenge - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by. Have a marvelous Monday!


Helen

25 comments:

Gaby said...

Wow....all that work. But it was definitely worth it.
Your cakes are wonderful.

Have a great day.

Saskia said...

So gorgeous!! Lovely to see your work at Delicious Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

shaz earl said...

Just beautiful, thanks for joining us at SFC this week good luck in the draw x

Ann said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous. I can't imagine how much work was involved with those. I bet Ann Marie loved them.

Michelle said...

Hi Helen

How are you?

I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend.

This cake is AMAZING! As always your flowers are just beautiful.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness this is incredible! Ive never seen one of these before, WOW!! I saw you on Make It Monday and had to come check this out. TFS :-)

Ann said...

I saw this on Make It Monday and had to get a closer look. It is just beautiful!

Shirley-Anne said...

hello Helen , hope you are well. Love a piece of that cake ,it looks delicious . decorated perfectly . Clever idea, thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Rae said...

First of all- welcome back! Glad you and your family have returned home safely.
This cake is beautiful, Helen, and it looked even better in person. You did such a good job on it, and I love the hand made cake stand!
Return to my blog when you can and look at my "Las Vegas" post. At the very end of the post is a card I made using some of the wonderful papers you gave to me. I really wanted you to see it.

Jill said...

What a beautiful cake! Fabulous project! Thanks for playing at Ellephantastic. Jill

Merry said...

Oh wow.. this is so fantastic and such a clever idea to use for a bridal shower. Saw this on Make It Monday and just had to visit.

Crafting Gill said...

this is fantastic not seen any of these before thanks for joining us at SFC good luck
GIll xx

SUGANTHI said...

So beautiful Helen. Looks like it is lot of work and how neat each piece has turned out. You amaze me with your talent to create.

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Helen! This is indeed a masterpiece!

Monica said...

What a delightful cake that is... WONDERFUL work of creativity as usual... Admire you no end, Helen.

Glad you had a nice holiday... sorry about the 8 loads of laundry. Lol!

Thanks for tagging me,

Monica

Dr Sonia S V said...

So lovely Helen. So much effort too. I am glad you liked my sponge roses. Sponge sheet crafting was quite popular in India 2 decades ago but now its a forgotten craft. I made these roses from some sponge sheets i had bought ages ago.Glad you liked them

Davi said...

Saw this on Make it Monday and Had to get a closer look! Fabulous creation you have made!!

Teri said...

WOW! Fabulous creations hun!
Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, good luck with the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

Helen Laurence said...

Oh wow just stunning. Thank you for taking the time to join our challenge this month over at Ellephantastic.
Hugs
Helen
xxx

Mary J said...

AMAZING!!! What a talent you have! Thx for sharing with us at Make It Monday, it was lovely to see this!

Mary J xxx

happyglitzygirl said...

Oh my goodness. That is an amazing creation. I was checking out the entries on Make it Monday, and found your 'cake'. Looks like a lot of work. Blessings Hilde

NancyD said...

Hi, found you through Make It Monday. I lover your creation and the flowers are stunning!!

Annemaritta said...

I also saw this on "Make It Monday", and woow, this is brilliant! What a wonderful project and absolutely fantastic outcome :)

Lesley said...

Great project! Thanks for taking part in the SFC xx

Anonymous said...

What a great project! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.