Monday, July 26, 2010

Baroque Motifs Wedding Invitation

Good Morning,
I am going to be off from posting blog and checking fellow bloggers for several days.  A friend's daughter is getting married and I am delighted to be the one who is making the wedding invitations.  I didn't come up with the wedding invitation design.  Joan saw it on line but she didn't like the design on the front of the invitation. She thought the front cover was too busy and the inside is too plain.  I agreed with Joan so I told her may be I could do something to balance it.


Here is the original invitation.  There was a piece of ribbon for her to tie across the front of the invitation and Joan didn't like that she had to tie the ribbon.


 The bride to be like to have her name and her finance's name at the top to the invitation and their  wedding date at the bottom.  So I made this sample. The color is Brilliant Blue and white.


Here is the inside.  The wedding information on this sample was from stampin' up! catalog.

I made another one with Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.  I replaced the wedding sweet image with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder but threw away the card and forgot to take a picture of it.  We were all not satisfy with the card.  So I told Joan I will try one last card.


Here is the last one.  We all loved it! 


I will be making 125 invitations, 125 RSVP, and 125 reception cards.  Everything must be finished as soon as I can.  I had been working on them a little bit over the weekend but still had lots to do.  After the invitations I need to do her bridal shower favors also.  Lots of work but I won't have it any other way.  I love this kind of work!  and Joan gave me a piece of her mind that I must be crazy!  May be I am. :)


Thank you for stopping by again.  Have a great week!


Helen

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That is fantastic Helen, another big order. The invitation looks beautiful. Have fun!!

Lauren said...

WOW - that's quite an order! I commend you for having the patience to do such a time consuming order! These are gorgeous invitations - so elegant!

Lauren

Patty O'Malley said...

Yes, Helen, you are crazy! But isn't it so much fun?!! When are you coming by to see us?

Janis Thomas said...

The invitation is beautiful. I will be following your blog from now on!
Janis

Clare said...

Lovely work, wow you will be busy making all those!!