Thursday, July 1, 2010

4th of July Birthday card

Hello Everyone,
I wasn't going to post until next week. But I couldn't resist the PPA challenge. A neighbor asked if  I could make a card for her niece birthday and her niece birthday is on 4th of July.  I don't have any stamp that related with the 4th of July. But I thought, the fire work is pretty simple to draw. So I thought, I'll give it a try making my own fire work and this is what I came up with.

 I stretched the fire work on Whisper white card stock using Real Red and So Saffron.  The stars was from Sizzix die cut.   I got it from Joann Fabric when they had their clearance sale.  What a bargain!

Here is the inside of the card.


I made an insert under the spirals for writing.  Rose loved it and I hope so does her niece.

I am going to submit this card to the PPA challenge this week.

Thanks for taking a peak!  Have a wonderful day and a Happy 4th of July!

Helen

10 comments:

Michelle said...

what a brilliant card! Your fireworks look fantastic. The inside of the card is very clever too.

Ann Schach said...

Helen, you are so talented! I love the stars that you drew for the front, and the faux stitching is so cute! But the inside is fabulous! The stars on the spiral are so creative! Thanks for playing @ PPA! PS...I am wearing the black earrings today :)

JustNeedling said...

Very nice, Helen! Love the 4th of July birthday card! Love the spiral with stars inside of the card! Very Lovely! I wish I bought the Canada Day stamp set SU have so I can make a Canada Day card.

Linda Callahan said...

Great fireworks and I love the spirals of stars on the inside! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Love your card! The red, white and blue are perfect!

Wishing you a great week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Love your card! The red, white and blue are perfect!

Wishing you a great week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Whimcees said...

Hi Again!

I had to leave another comment to tell you that the gift you sent to Patti is amazing in its beauty! You are a wonderful friend and your creations are fantastic!

Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

PawwPadd said...

Hi Helen,
I really like this card and all it's whimsey! You are amazing! I actually have a sister-in-law who's birthday is the 4th. Too bad I didn't think to make her a card like this one. She would have loved it. Take Care. Almost time for the convention!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Helen, your work is marvelous.

Dr Sonia S V said...

3 spirals in one card and it has come out so beautifully.I should try it!