Friday, July 16, 2010

Armor Cards Holder

Hello,


  I've had this idea for sometime now but something always got in the way.  This is an armor cards holder.  It could hold at least 4 cards with embellishment on one size and 4 envelopes on the other side.


This is the front.  I used my handmade brads as the door knobs.  Then I added part of the earrings that I got from the yard sale to the knobs.  I didn't have the picture of the door open because I used single side pattern paper card stock so the inside didn't look nice and I didn't want to lose the impression. :)


I decorated both sides like this.  These were part of the Sixxiz Flourish die cut.  I just used a small portion of the Flourish.
I learned how to do the legs from Patti Lee.  The ticket corner was made using the 1/2" circle punch.  If you look at the punch, there are four sections.  Line up the paper corner on one of the section and punch it out and you'll have the ticket corner punch.





Here is the top view.  I didn't really like it much but that will have to do for now. I kept on thinking Stampin' Up! Lattice die cut would look great up there.

I used Scallop edge punch to make the top and the bottom of the armor.  The scallop square die didn't fit so I had to make it fit.  First I punched a long piece of scallop edge like in the picture.
Then I cut a piece of paper a little bit bigger (about 1/2") then the top and the bottom of the armor.  I then used the scallop edge that I punched out to trace around the paper.


You hardly could see the pencil lines but it is there.  I then line up the scallop edge punch to the pencil line and punched out the scallop square.


Here is the finished one. I had tried the other people techniques of making different scallop square but it didn't work out for me so I thought of this and it work great.


I didn't have tutorial for this one because it was just my try it out. All the papers are DCVW.  When I make another one, I will have the tutorial also.

Thanks for visiting.

Helen



3 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

OMG Helen,

YOU absolutely are so creative - I can't wait to see the inside. I love how this turned out and you are so clever to use the hand knots for the handles - clear girl!!! Love that idea. YOU are so talented............girl!!!! I love this concept and look forward to seeing it in more detail - TFS. You have certainly been busy!!!

hugs,
Patti

eva said...

Thank you.
Very interesting, Now going to Moscow.
Therefore, some time will not be able to look at blogs.
Coming back

Rae said...

Helen, this armoire is fantastic!