Monday, April 7, 2014

Crochet AG Doll Afghans

Hello,

As if I didn't have enough scrap yarns already.  Katie at Westie and Julep sent me some more scrap wools.  She asked if I can used her scrap wools, sure I can.   I used what I can to make the center of the granny squares and then I used Lion Brand Pound Of Love to finish off the afghans.

This first one was sent to Katie.








I made these white daisy flowers long ago.  I was hoping to make an afghan to fit a twin bed but I didn't have enough flowers.   So I used what I had to make AG doll blankets.  Do you like the joining?  It is called flat braid. You can fine the tutorial here.
 





 I like day bed so I built a plane one for Faye's dolls from scrap woods. 
Another doll blanket in progress

Aren't they cute?  They are pretty quick to make and I think they would make wonderful gift.  So Faye's friends will be getting one set each on their birthday.

Thanks for looking and Happy crocheting!

Helen



6 comments:

CG said...

Oh my goodness Helen, these are too wonderful. I would have loved these as a child (and quite a bit now too, but I don't play with dolls too much anymore!) I'm especially impressed by the detail on the daisy one. Hope you're doing well, Best, CG

Ann said...

Those are really nice. I love the blue one.

Patty O'Malley said...

So cute!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Wow - those sets are totally adorable. You are so creative I love it!

Glad you could use the wool I sent ... happy creating and have a great day,
Katie

Merry said...

You have certainly been having fun. Love the centres of the first blanket but I would have to say that daisy blanket is my favourite.

Vidushi's quilling said...

Oh these are very adorable,love them all.