Monday, December 12, 2011

I Am Back!


Hello Blogger Friends!

Phew! I finally finished with the craft shows for this season!   I couldn't believe myself. I did 8 craft shows in 8 weeks.  I had one craft show a week since October, 24. The first show was very disappointed.  I sold only half of the amount that I sold last year.  There were not much traffic due to lack of advertizing.

Then I went to my second show at a hospital (Riddle Hospital) the following week.  I was hopping for a better turn out.  At first, it was another disappointed show.  However,  I had a customer (Sue) whom I email after the show to thanks her for stopping by my booth and Sue placed an order from me and that sort of made up a little but it still wasn't a good show.  I won't return to that hospital again.  The ladies who organized the show didn't care a dime about us.  She didn't advertize for us. Sue happened to walk by us after her doctor appointment.  The hospital employees didn't know about us selling there.   So there were not much traffic.  When there was no traffic, there wasn't going to be any sale.

I am not going to bore you with the rest of the craft shows.  Out of the 8 shows that I did, 5 of them were not a good shows.  The other three shows turned out great!  Thanks to the staffs at the volunteer office  at  Crozer hospital for allowing me to sale my crafts there.  My 20%  donation were well worth it!  If you are curious what I meant by that is, a vendor needs to give 20% of her total sale to the hospital at the end of the day and this apply to any hospital.  

My last two shows were December, 8 and December, 9.  I know it was insane to do two shows in two days.  I had almost nothing to sale for the last show.  It was at a Catholic school. It was the Secret Santa workshop. The items for sale cannot exceeded $5.  So  I had to drop my price down for some items and for the last minute items and I really meant last minute.  I went shopping for the fleece and the chocolates right after I came home from the craft show that I did at the hospital.  Then  I stayed up until 1 AM to make them.

I made 36 of these for the secret Santa work shop.



Isn't he cute!

I got the image from here.  On her blog it said free but I couldn't get the image for free so I paid a small fee and got to download the image right away.  Well worth it!  You can find the video tutorial here.

It was lots of work  preparing  items for the craft shows and I didn't make any profit from it but I had load of fun meeting others crafters and many compliments about my work. I was asked this question from the people who stopped by my booth.

Questions and compliments                 My answers
"did you make all these?"                     Yes, I made everything on the table.
"Did you sleep?"                                 Yes, I did but not a lot.
 All the patience you had!            Only with these crafts because they didn't talk back to me. hehehe.....
 Your work are so beautiful!!!!        Thank you!!!!

I would do this all over again! Who won't, right!

Have a marvelous Monday!

Helen






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI there...Love your blog..I followed the link to download the snowman candy wrapper. If you put 0.00 as the amount you will get it for free...Just thought you would like the info incase you need to download in the future..Merry Christmas!!!

chillin with Quillin said...

Sorry to hear you didnt do so well on your sells, maybe next time you'll do great on all your shows.
The snowman is sooo adorable, what a cute idea!!!!!
Paula

Ann said...

Wow, you have been busy. 8 shows, that's a lot. Sorry that most of them didn't go well.
It's good to see you back though and hope you get to rest up now after all that hard work

JustNeedling said...

Wow! 8 shows is a lot. You are one busy lady. Sorry, it didn't go so well for you.

SUGANTHI said...

You have such a giving heart Helen. Loved the answer to your patience question:)). And the snow man of course is adorable And you do make beautiful things And you do have lot of patience.

Rae said...

I do love the snowman Helen, it is so cute! I will call you soon to talk!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your snowman is sweet
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Whimcees said...

Hello!

These little snowmen are so wonderful! I did go to the site and the pattern was free. I love them - thank you for the link!

I hope that all is well with you!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane