Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Origami Turtles

Good Morning,

I made a few items over the weekend but each one of them still need something.  Therefore, I didn't want to share yet.  It had been a long time since I shared any origami.  So today I will share this origami turtles.  I made the turtles a long time ago.  I forgot how to make it. :(  One time  I took one turtle apart and spent almost two hours  tried to redo it.  I just couldn't fold it.  Is this a sign of aging?

These turtles are very small.  They are the size of the penny and made from a 2 x 2 square.  I remembered each turtle took about 30 folds, that was the reason I don't remember how to fold it any more.



Thank you for stopping by.  Have a nice day.

I have a few more pictures to share.  We had rain for three days in a row.  Look at my neighbor's back yard!

We called this Dorri's back yard.  They have a little girl name Dorri.


And this is the other neighbor.  We called this Sunny's back yard.  It's the little boy nick name.



We are in between the two neighbors.  Our house was built later so it has a higher ground.  Our back yard never get flooded.  But whenever Sunny's back yard flooded.  Our basement got water.  Even though we have sum pump, it didn't help.  I am not looking forward to spring cleaning at all.

Here is another picture.  It gave me goose bumps when I looked at it.

This is from our van.  Someone had intentionally cut the spark pluck wire in our van.  Many time I didn't lock my van when I parked at our drive way.  But an ordinary people don't something like this.  I hope this is just random act and not something else. Last summer our Scion passenger rare view mirror got smashed.  We parked it on the street. So assumed it was an accident.  But we always parked our van on the driveway.  And this happened.  Can you see the cut was from a blade?   We didn't go to the police.  We didn't know what to tell the police.  What would you have done if this is happening to you? 


Helen

8 comments:

Whimcees said...

Report it to the police Helen. This could not be explained away as an accident as could the rear view mirror - someone did this on purpose. Tell the police.

Barbara Diane

Jackie Thomas said...

OH this is terrible Helen, I would definitely report this to the police. You really wonder what goes through people's minds when they do things like this. Take care xo Jackie

JustNeedling said...

The turtles are so cute!
Sorry, to hear of all the car problems that are happening to you.

Patty O'Malley said...

Helen, you must report this to the police. Someone trespassed on your property and deliberately vandalized something. It's important you let the police know. It is possible other people may have had some vandalism too.

Rae said...

Hi Helen, I'm so sorry that someone did this to your family. Sometimes people just don't know what to do with themselves, and go around hurting others. I'm glad that you did eventually report this to the police. Hopefully something like this was random and isolated and will not happen again.
Sorry about the water situation, too. Man, your neighbors have it BAD! These are the types of things we need to know to look for when we are house hunting!
Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh I'm so sorry to hear that.

I hope the police catches this/these bad people

Carol P said...

Unless...it was a squirrel! Our squirrels chewed apart a whole string of outdoor Christmas-type lights. It looked like someone had taken a knife and sliced them up into little pieces.

Anonymous said...

Helen, I would report this to the police. In our area, thieves are cutting the phone line to the house. The alarm will sound when the thieves have entered the house but the alarm company would not get a signal (the signal goes through the phone line to the alarm company).l