Monday, March 8, 2010

Finally I got some quilling paper strips

Hello Everyone,
Look at what I got,  quilling strips!  On Saturday, I went to a place called Flowers and Crafts Warehouse.  I found out about this place from a blogger friend, Judi.  You can check out Judi's  blog here.  As soon as I read about this place on Judi's blog, I wanted to go.  So yesterday I went.  My husband told me not to go since our GPS wasn't working at the moment.  I never been to that area.  It was only a little bit over an hour from where we live.  I was nervous to go there but I put on my brave face and went by myself.  My husband printed out the map plus the written direction.  I couldn't read while I was driving so I followed the map.  After about half an hour of driving, I got lost. I got lost for about an hour.  I didn't know where I was so I decided to give up and tried to find a way to come back home.  And guess what? I found the place! I spent two hours walking around in there.  The place was HUGE! Lots of flowers, scrap booking papers, and beads.  I have never seen so many beads.  Isles and isles and isles of beads.  But it didn't carry the things that I was looking for.  After two hours in there I was done and ready to come back home.  Then on my way out I found these quilling strips!  I was OMG! Quilling supplies!  Everything that I needed for quilling was there.  I got every pack of each color that they had there.  Plus the quilling circle sizer and a flower sampler kit. Yay! no more hand cutting 1/8" paper strips.
 
I couldn't walk a way from these ribbons.  These are 3/8" double face polyestersatin ribbon.  Each spool has 20 yards and it's only $2.75!  Look at the colors!  These three colors matched Stampin' Up! Pretty in Pink, Orchid Opulence, and Bashful Blue.  They had more colors but I only bought these three.  I thought I also saw the 5/8" satin ribbon just like the ones that Stampin' Up! carries.  Have to check that out next time.
  

Any way, thank you so much for stopping by!

Helen

5 comments:

Whimcees said...

You had quite the adventure! :<) But all turned out well and look at the stash you took home with you!

Bet you've been quilling! :<) Have fun!

Barbara Diane

Ann said...

Wow, that's a good stash! Looking forward to seeing your new quilling projects

Unknown said...

I can't believe the patience you have to cut your own strips . . . now that you have some "real" quilling strips you can play! Have fun!

Rae said...

;) TFS

Dr Sonia S V said...

That sure was an adventure- looks like for craft you are prepared to brave the wilderness!
Just kidding! Quilling always puts me off cause of the thought of cutting the paper by hand.I have not managed to get quilling paper in Bangalore, India.
would love to see some of your work on quilling