Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"MOM" Cottage Wall Mini Album

Good Morning,

Beside boxes, I also a fan of the mini albums.  I had been working with this "mom" mini album finally had finished and turn it in.  I saw the "word" mini album at AC Moore and thought it was  such a clever idea.  However, I didn't like their album size. As soon as I came home I created this album, sort of!  I had to make the alphabets first.  I cut out  24 alphabets. That took me a few days.  Most of the alphabets measure 6 x  6.  So the album is 6" tall.  The length of the album is depending on what word the album is going to be.

I used transparency to cover the front album so it protected the embellishments.  Then I used the Organza ribbon to tie the album shut.  I also thought it'd be so neat to include the card on the album.  So I created a mini flower pot card for the front album cover.  The three flowers on the top is a pull out tag just like the so popular flower pot card.

On the inside of the front cover, I added a poem about mother that I found online.  Then the first page is "M" there is no space for picture on this page.

Next page is the "O" page.  I added a flip up page for more photos.


Between the "O" page and the last "M" page, I added 4 pages with two pockets for extra photos or for journal.

The last page, when the "M" pages is turned, I also added a few more pages with pockets.  Then I added this pop up flower pot.  I had a hard time creating the pop up flower pot. It could be the adhesive that I used wasn't strong enough.  Can you see the middle tier? The connection leg is popping up.




Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great day!

Helen

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Helen, OMG, this is incredible. Looks amazing. So much work and detail. Well done!

Whimcees said...

You are so clever! This is fantastic! You have been very busy! I love the colors and everything about it!

Wishing you a happy day today!

Barbara Diane

JustNeedling said...

Wow! Such a neat album! Sounds complicated! Love the DP you used for this album!

Rae said...

Beautiful. Clever. Creative.

PawwPadd said...

Helen, you do such intricate work with such detail! This is gorgeous!

Creations by Patti said...

Helen: I should visit more often. I love what you have made and what I have missed ----great clever stuff and VERY inspiring!!!! TFS - I will visit often!