Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mini Roses Top Note Box


Hello,                                                                                                                                                     Look at what I've made when I couldn't sleep!  I used to read when I couldn't sleep at night.  Now, this is what I made when I couldn't sleep, roses.  When I didn't know what to do or couldn't create anything during the day, I would just punch out flowers from scraps and store them in the container so I can make different flowers when I needed one.  I've made much more mini roses than in this picture.  I used some before I realized to take the picture.
 


I really like the pizza box style and the top note die cut.  They both are a pair.  Here is my  pizza box with the mini roses.  I used Stampin' Up! Summer Sun card stock for the box.  I thought it was more orange than the yellow sun.  I sponged the mini roses with Stampin' Up! Summer Sun classic ink.  The ink was lighter then the card stock.  I also added glitters on the roses.

  

Here is the side view.


The box open up the long way.  I didn't really like it.

 

So I made another box.  For these roses, I sponged Pumpkin Pie classic ink. 


I still wasn't very happy with the result.  But I added goodies in the box any way.  What is better than these chocolate nuggets? Yum!


Thank you so much for visiting!  Have a wonderful day!  It's going to be another beautiful day here in the Delaware Valley.

Helen

8 comments:

JustNeedling said...

these are so, so , so pretty! love the glitters on them!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog it is fantastic. Have spent the last couple of hours going over it all. I too love making flowers, so much so I make so many I havent had time to make anything for them to go on. lol I especially love your magic boxes. How do you make the christmas tree that you had in one of them? Keep up the good work. Janette Coventry UK

Becky said...

Your flowers are just breath taking! You did a Wonderful job! What punch or die did you use to make your mini roses?

eva said...

Charming!

Rae said...

Helen, you know I love your boxes AND your flowers!

PawwPadd said...

OMG! Helen, this is such a wonderful idea, I just love it! If you don't mind I'd like to use this idea for a "get well" gift for elderly who are out sick from church. I know they would just love this! Your work is simply flawless to me!:-)

Christina said...

this is amazing!! How do you make those roses. I have never seen them before and I can't tell what punch you've used. maybe I missed it - I was caught up in their beauty!

Gayle schrock said...

Your blog ideas are gorgeous. TFS your talent.
Hate to bother U but what punch are the roses made with?
Gayle