Friday, October 29, 2010

Hand Stitches Album Front Cover

Good Friday Morning Everyone!
My last two mini album covers were a bit plan so I thought I will try something different.


I couldn't fine the red floss that I like so I used the regular sewing thread but the thread was very pretty.  I used single thread for this one.  It looked o.k.  


I had to try another one with double thread.  I love the second one but it took much longer to do the stitching because every time I pulled, the thread became uneven.


 This front album took me over 3 hours to complete.  I added the word "celebrate" under the tree.  It looked very nice.  I was very happy with the finished album.

And of course the Christmas tree inside the album.




I don't do challenges but I like Michelle Make It Monday linky party so I am going to enter this.


 Thank you for looking.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Helen

9 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful job. TFS.

Monica said...

Awesome, Helen... what hard work - 3 hours must require a fat lot of patience which of course you have in plenty.

The stitching looks so lovely - great creation!

xxx Monica

Whimcees said...

Hello!

First of all, thank you for the beautiful birthday card! It is lovely! I was so happy to see it - I love your work and it was so nice to be remembered! :<)

The mini albums and the little Christmas trees are great! The sewing on the card is so detailed - very lovely!

Thank you again for the kindness of sending me a birthday card!

Wishing you a great weekend and a Happy Halloween - hope the trick 'n treating brings lots of goodies! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Michelle said...

Hi Helen

I love your mini album covers. Your work is so lovely and detailed.

The Christmas tree is amazing!

Three hours is a lot of time and effort but so well worth it with these results.

Thanks for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Ann said...

Both of them are beautiful. Wow, 3 hours, that's a lot of work.

eva said...

Great creation!

Rae said...

Beautiful stitching, Helen. I also like the extra matting, the border punch and the ribbon on the second album. I always did love your pop ups. Beautiful work, as always....

Rae said...

Beautiful work, as always, Helen. Love the stitching. I left a much longer response before, but I'm stll getting errors sometimes....

Sandy Ang said...

Such an amazing pop-up tree in your album.
Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html