Saturday, June 5, 2010

Unmounted wooden stamps

Hello Everyone!
I did this a while ago but never got a chance to share.  It was all started when Stampin' Up! started to sell clear stamps but even then I still wasn't going to unmount my wooden stamp sets. I don't own much stamp sets.  Then one day  I asked my husband to help me put two more shelves (about 2 feet long each) on the empty wall.  I took out all my stamp sets and placed them on the new shelves.  I was surprised how much stamp sets I owned. I had almost 60 sets.  It's a lot since I am not much of a stamper. My husband also noticed my stamps collection so he asked "how many sets did I have, two hundred?"  That was when the unmounting wooden stamps started.  I had seen people unmounted their wooden stamp sets but I didn't feel the need to do it.  But since my husband made that comment, I thought if I wanted to buy some more stamps I better do something about my stamp sets.  That was when I started to unmount most of my stamp sets.  I unmounted the sets that I knew I will be keeping.  Most of my holiday sets I left them the same.  They are seasonal and one day I might want to sell them and they worth more if they are in their original form.

I placed each unmounted set on a sheet of printing paper and put it in a transparency sleeve in a 3 rings binder.   And label it alphabetically.
 Here are a few samples.  I used double side tape to hold the stamp in place.  On the lower right corner is the stamp set name, the amount in each set, and what type of set it was, (SAB, hostess).






 I cleared out lots of spaces.  I had at least 40 stamp sets in the 3 rings binder. When I needed to use the image, I mounted it on the clear block.  I got my clear blocks from the local craft store.  I like them a lot because there are lines on the block which help me line up the image and stamp it straight especially the sentiments.

Thanks for looking.

Helen

5 comments:

PawwPadd said...

Hi Helen, just want to say this purse is simply fabulous!

Creations by Patti said...

wow - Helen:

this took a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting down to organizing. I have yet to do this. But the need is really coming up. Have yet to also purge my retired colors eventho I will still use them since they ate still "good". Thanks for sharing this method!

Have a great day!
Patti

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love this kind of thing! What a great idea! It does take up so much less space and now won't look like so many to your husband! :<)

Wishing you a happy day today!

Barbara Diane

Rae said...

Great idea, I am still resistant. Probably because there is no "other half"...but you get a thumbs up for your timely actions. You make crafters proud!

Anonymous said...

Hi

What do you thing about below diet supplement? I'm going to buy something good for muscle growth. Please give me a piece of advice.

[url=http://www.optimum-nutrition.pl/optimum-creatine-powder.html]Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder[/url]