Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Helen's Prima Roses

Greeting  Everyone,
Ever since I found out about Prima products, I've been drooling every time I saw their roses at the local craft stores.  They are so pretty and there were time I was tempted to buy them with the 40% coupon of course.  But I held back because I thought I could make them.  And last Friday I finally did it.  Well sort of!

Here are my Prima roses look a like.


I have been trying to fine the Mulbery papers but I couldn't fine them so for these roses I just used the printing papers (28lb).  It took me so long to make these five roses (above).  I had a hard time making the center of the roses.  The following day I went around  looking for punch to make the center of the roses but I couldn't fine any punch suitable  for making the center of the roses.  I went to AC Moore and took a good look at the Prima flowers one more time and I made these.


See the center of the roses here are different from the roses in the first pictures?  I like how these roses came out.  So I made a few more in orange.  I am not a big fan  of orange color but I love how these orange roses turned out.  There were actually two different kind of papers being used for these orange roses.  For the two roses on the left I used handmade paper. Rachele at  A one of a kind  brought a bunch of her handmade papers to share with me.  Thanks Rachele! The other three were just regular card stock.  You can't see the different in this picture but I like the roses made from the handmade paper better.  The handmade paper had some textures on it and it made the roses look softer. I know it sound weir. 


The Prima roses had chunky glitter on the roses.  I don't have chunky glitter so I just used glitter glue and I thought they work just fine.   So what do you think of my new roses?


Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day!

Helen

7 comments:

MuinNadine said...

Son muy lindas y delicadas!
habias dejado un comentario en mi blog y no he podido publicarlo... ( algun problema de blogger) lo siento pero muchas gracias por dejarme tu comentario... saludos

Anonymous said...

Lovely! You did a wonderful job!

eva said...

Beautiful roses

CJ said...

The roses are beautiful. Much prettier than what you can buy. Great job..

CJ

Whimcees said...

Hello Helen!

I LOVE your new roses! I think all of the roses you make are beautiful! :<) The lighter orange roses are my favorite! I can't wait to see what you do with them on one of your projects!

Wishing you sunshine today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Rae said...

Love your flowers, Helen! (still on the antique computer, but I' not knocking it!) :)

AKiteFlier said...

Spectacular - can you share HOW you made these? THey are stunning and I'm a flower junkie :-) Thanks. If you prefer to email me you can do so stampinpam at me dot com

Thanks