Thursday, June 3, 2010

CAS - Purse - onally

Good Morning,

I saw this purse here a while ago and on many other blogs and had been wanted to make one.  I finally did it.
Here is my version.



 The chain on the handle was inspired from Michelle at Pink Paper Paradise. I bought my chains from The Home Depot. It was sold by the foot.  I was going to cut every other chain which mean I would waste many chains but my husband offered to help me.  He said he could separate each chain for me without cutting the chains and he did!  Sometime he can be so helpful. :)

I made a box purse before.  You can see it here.   I didn't like the closed box for the cards so I made my purse open like this for easy access to the cards.  There was a problem with my purse.  It won't stand up!  So to hold the two pieces together, I added the band and tucked it under the front pocket.  Problem solved!


 

The inside pockets was inspired from here.  I think I put at least 5 cards on one of the pocket and the other pocket it's for the envelopes.  Now looking at the handle I should have covered those brads. May be next time.

Thanks for taking a peak!  Have a great day.

Helen





3 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Helen,
I love how this opens up for easy access tothe cards - great job in figuring this one out. think of all the "other" girly stuff that can be put inside, too.........
TFS,
Patti

Michelle said...

Fantastic Helen! What a beautiful bag! Thanks for the link back too.

Whimcees said...

Hi Helen!

The purse is wonderful! I love it! Another project I am now inspired to make after seeing yours! :<)

Wishing you a great weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane