Friday, June 18, 2010

Orchid Opulence Birthday Card

Greeting Everyone,
I can't believe the children are out of school and summer is only a few days away!  And talking of summer, there is a challenge at Pals Paper Arts.  I made this card for a friend and thought I will enter the Pals Paper Arts challenge.  Their theme is Summer.


Doesn't this card say summer to you! I really like how this card turns out and I hope the recipient likes it. I don't know her favorite color so hopefully she doesn't mind this colors combo.

Card stocks are Orchid Opulence and Basic black.  The mini roses were from my stash that I made not long ago.

Thanks for taking a peak!  Have a great weekend!

Helen

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Helen
I love the vibrant colour of this card. The quilling detail on the hat looks wonderful.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful card, Helen! Who wouldn't love this card?

eva said...

Beautiful! Long I want to make a card with a hat

Linda Callahan said...

Love the quilling on hat! Very pretty card - thanks for joining us at PPA!

Chance said...

Hi Helen, It's Rachel. I am on my son's computer tonight. Still having troubles but I thought I would snesk over here to check out what you have been working on. I started to move my craft room! As you might imagine, it is one BIG project. : )

Your card is so cute! Love the quilling, AND those cute little flowers! : )
I'll talk to you soon! Yah summer!!!

Ann Schach said...

The quilling is the perfect accent on the hat! Love the flowers, too! Very, very pretty, Helen! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Whimcees said...

Hi Helen!

Gorgeous colors - very striking! I know that the person receiving this beautiful card will be so thrilled!

Wishing you sunshine today!

Barbara Diane

PawwPadd said...

Hi Helen,
I'm not really a fan of the color purple but, I must say this purple card rocks!
Bethann aka PawwPadd