Friday, June 17, 2011

Quilling Earrings and Pendant

Good Morning,
I don't know what this quilling technique call.  I just love how it look ( I still need lots more practice). I thought it would make great quilling jewelry.


I glued the quilling pieces on the wooden dish like the  sprial necklaces.  Then I used hemp twine for the necklace.  I just love the pearl in the center of the quilling piece.  So you will see pearl in most of my quilling.

I received this card last week from my blog friend Barbara at Barbara's World of Whimcees

Isn't the image so cute! Look just my daughter or me when I was that little (lol). Thank you Barbara for this lovely card.  Do stop by Barbara's blog and check out all her whimsical work.

Helen
 

18 comments:

Shakti said...

Fabulous idea

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely jewlery, love that kind of flower!
Nice card to!!
Paula

Clare said...

beautiful!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lovely earrings. Yes I too like that particular type of quilling shape

Angel said...

fabulous idea.the pearl bead makes it
look more pretty .

Merry said...

Wonderful idea turning quilling into jewellery and such a cute card.

Whimcees said...

Hi Helen!

What beautiful jewelry! I have my set you sent me in a special place it is so lovely and I show them to everyone! Your skill in quilling is amazing! Beautiful!

I am happy that you liked the card! Thank you for the link to my blog!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

SUGANTHI said...

I made the exact earrings but different colour and tight coil for center . The pearl centers of yours make them look so much more elegant.

Leanne said...

Visiting after quite a while to see all your beautiful creations. These earrings are very pretty. Not tried this yet.

Mihaela said...

What a beautiful earrings and pendant and the color is lovely!

JustNeedling said...

Love the earrings and pendent! So pretty!

Antonella said...

How pretty! Hugs, antonella :-)

eva said...

Beautiful!

kiddo said...

Beautiful jewelry set! And the pearls in the center made the difference!
I like the card, too! Is so sweet!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Dear Helen you gave me my first blogger award and I was so thrilled. I would be honored if you accept the sweet blogger award from me. Please do drop by my blog and accept the award
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Ann said...

I really like the way you made those flowers in your necklace and earrings. I think the pearls are the perfect touch.

Rae said...

Fabulous quilled jewelry, Helen! The card you received is sweet.

Unknown said...

I've seen something like this before. They are beautiful. How do you make that shape? I've tried and I'm at a loss!