Monday, June 27, 2011

Quill Bamboo Cards

Hello,
I saw this quill bamboo here.  It looks pretty simple to make so I made  these two cards.




I like the first one better.  The second one is a smaller square card and it looks a bit busy.

Make it Monday

JoyfulStamper

OurCreativeCorner

Last week I received another award from Irina at Kiddo's blog.  Irina does beautiful modular origami and her quilling creations are stunning.  Thank you Irina for this award.  I am truly flattered.


Rules are:
Share 5 things about yourself (1 of the 5 things must related to crafting)
Pass the award to 5 other blogs

I just share things about me last week so I will share how I came to have this blog.  This blog actually is my third blog.  My first blog was HelenHandmadeCraft.com didn't work out.  Then I used Typepad and that one didn't work out either.  I was very frustrated but I didn't want to give up.  Then I stumbled upon Blogspot and it said I could create a blog for FREE.  All I needed is a google account.  My email is with google so I gave it a tried and here I am two years later.  I am so happy to have this blog and more importantly are the friendship that I've  made through this blog.  Thank You!!!


Hugs,

Helen


24 comments:

Katrin said...

Какой классный бамбук получился! Открытки чудесные!!!

Mihaela said...

Great card, Helen!

Ann said...

Wonderful cards. Very clever.
I'm happy you have this blog too and even happier that I found you. I love seeing all the wonderful things you make

Michelle said...

Hi Helen

Wonderful cards!!

Is there no end to the things you can design with quilling, this is so clever.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday.

Michelle :-)

chillin with Quillin said...

Lovely cards!!!
Paula

fls said...

Those are cool! I saw the green one at Make it Monday and came by for a closer look. Thanks.

fls said...

Those are cool. I'm glad I came over from Make it Monday to see both cards. How clever to quill the leaves and use twine for the stalks!

Hlora said...

AWE Your card is super cute as always. Love it! I love this card. I saw your project in "Make It Monday"

SUGANTHI said...

These bamboo stalks are so beautiful . I have not tried them . I am glad you started your blog too. I am always surprised(and inspired) at your zeal to create.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Helen the green on green looks amazing. An oriental feel card. Makes me think I am in a posh Chinese restaurant.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Helen I think you should frame this one--dont give it away as a card.The green one is so lovely

CG said...

Wow, so elegant. I know what you mean about the second one, but I think it holds its own. It would be perfect for the right person.

Rae said...

Love your cards, Helen. I especially love the way you framed them. Thank you again for the birthday wishes- you are the best!

JustNeedling said...

Awesome cards! Love these quill bamboos! congratulations on the awards!

Lekha justin said...

so lovely card Helen...Yes U can use it as wall picture...beautiful..

Mary said...

Your cards are so pretty! I'm glad your blog worked out too!

Web design company said...

All of these cards are so awesome i love these cards because designs are so unique.

Creative Grammie said...

Hi Helen, such pretty cards. I love the quilling and love those corners. They help to bring out the Asian flair of the bamboo. TFS

Eemeli said...

Great card! Saw it on Make It Monday. My absolute fav is the first one :)
Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

Anonymous said...

Hi ya, Great quilling card! saw your project on Make it Monday too! Great job! hugs Samantha :0)

Baukje said...

very distinctive and very beautiful!
Greetings Baukje

Sandy said...

I think both look wonderful and just love your quilled bamboo. I saw your card on Make It Monday and came for a closer look - good luck in the challenge,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Very clever. thanks for sharing at MIM
Hugs Julie P

Kristin said...

Oh my gracious you are a paper ARTIST! I love your quilling, but looking thru your gallery - I'm amazed! You really inspire. Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC!