Friday, July 22, 2011

Quill Monogram "H"

Hello Bloggers!

I had wanted to do this quill monogram "H" for quite sometime but I just wasn't ready.  It looked hard then I got bored with my card making and didn't want to do anything else so I thought it was time to try the letter.


I drew the "H" on grid paper then cut it out and traced it on the white card stock.  It's a little slanted.  You can find the tutorial here. My "H" was big.  It's 8 1/2" x 11". I got the frame from Big Lot.


My daughter wanted a pink one.  I wasn't too happy with the result.  I was trying to make the letter to fix in the box.

I was so happy I stumbled upon a blog recently that had a tutorial on making a square shadow box.  I played around a bit and  I made my shadow box 5 inches x 8 inches.  I'm hoping to share the tutorial soon.

Until then, happy quilling!

Helen

13 comments:

Shakti said...

очень красиво!

a paper {life} said...

they both turned out great Helen. I know how hard these can be to make.

CG said...

Oh I love these!!! Thanks for the tip on the tutorial...what a great idea.
Also, thank you for your comments on my card...they make my day! I just adore your work.

Merry said...

Both of these are lovely...must have taken a lot of time.

Ann said...

they turned out great. I remember what a hard time I had when I tried the monograms. Some letters are easier than others though.
Love the idea of the shadow box

chillin with Quillin said...

There both lovely!!!!!

eva said...

love it

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your F looks so pretty.

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sarah-Jane said...

Wow! These look great xx

Baukje said...

what great cards you've made​​.
I also know that many hours a card inside, because oh what is a precision.
much needed craft fun

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely monograms Helen and thanks for the link .

Rae said...

Wow. You are always trying something new and different. These turned out great!

Monica said...

I have been missing out on your fab creations... these are both lovely.
xxx Monica