Friday, January 25, 2013

Green Knitted Scarf

Hello,

Winter has finally caught up with us. It is very cold. We haven't had this kind of cold winter for several years.  I don't have proper winter accessories.  I wanted a nice looking scarf so I found one at Ravelry.
The original color is blue and it is absolutely beautiful.  You can see it here.  I don't know where to get the same type of yarn so I got this bulky yarn at Joann Fabric.


The pattern is very easy to follow and because of the bulky yarn the scarf was very fast to knit.  However, this is the reason I don't like knit scarf. Its end roll down.  The top picture showed part of the scarf on the right side folded down.

Here is how the scarf suppose to look it.


I took the scarf apart and redo it.  This time I added 4 extra stitches on the right side hopping this will flatten out the scarf but that didn't help. This is the wrong side of the scarf showing the right side folded in. I took the last 2 pictures on cloudy day so the color of the scarf seemed to change.

I was hopping the scarf  will turn out like this.


I am going to try this in cotton yarn to see if it make any different. 

Until then .....

Have a wonderful weekend!

Helen




3 comments:

Ann said...

I'm sure you'll get it all figured out. That's a pretty color green

Monica said...

I like what you made anyway... knowing you, you will do it the way you want.
Monica xxx

Panda8ngel said...

Keep trying. It's ok to make mistakes. You can do it! :) Still a pretty scarf. :)