Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crochet Rose Throw Partly Done

Hello,

I started this roses afghan back in May.   I stopped because I didn't really happy with the way I crocheted.  I normally crochet  tightly but for these roses tight stitches didn't make nice roses (that was my thought then)  so I crocheted loosely. As I joined the squares together, it became sagging.  I wanted to take the squares apart and redo the entire thing but the thought of it  scared me.  I had 40 roses so far.



You were wondering what is it with the two colors? I love that bright purple yarn but each ball had only 165 yards compare to the dark purple yarn it had 315 yards in a ball and they cost the same.  So my plan was to have the bright color in the center and the dark color around it. I used Caron Simply Soft.

You can fine the rose tutorial here.

Helen

4 comments:

SUGANTHI said...

These roses look so pretty Helen.

JustNeedling said...

The roses are pretty. That is a big project to do.

Patty O'Malley said...

Looking pretty, Helen! Do I see a touch of glitter in the yarn?

Ann said...

I don't think I would have been able to start over after having 40 roses done either. I like the two different colored roses. It's really pretty