Monday, August 27, 2012

Altered Wooden Baskets

Hello,

I haven't done any paper craft in the past 3 months.  I had these wooden baskets sitting around collecting dust so a few days ago I decided to dress them up.  Boy! I had to dust some dust off my papers and punches. 

















All flowers were made by me. :)  The pink and yellow flowers were made using Caron Simply soft yarn.  They were the same flowers that I used to make the rose afghan but I like this tight stitches better.  Tutorial for the flower is here.  The other flowers were made using size 10 crochet thread.

Thanks for stopping by.

Helen

10 comments:

eva said...

Charming!

Panda8ngel said...

So cute! What a great idea! You made them look so nice. You should sell them. :)

Ann said...

Those are adorable. I love how you work the crochet flowers in to so many of your projects. I really do like them

Merry said...

These are beautiful Helen...great colour combos and that bow on the back really finishes them nicely.

Migdalia said...

Very Elegant!BEAUITUFL!!I love it!TFS
Have a wonderful day!
Migdalia

Monica said...

Another wonderful creation from those lovely hands of yours... so elegant.

Love,
Monica

SUGANTHI said...

That's a lot of crocheted flowers. They all look so lovely.

Hussena said...

These baskets look so beautiful and elegant..and your crochet flowers just enhances the beauty!! such fabulous work :)

chillin with Quillin said...

beautiful, the box looks familure, yours looks much prettier than mine with quilled flowers!
nice work!!!
Paula

Esther Asbury said...

What cute little wooden baskets! I love the way you "dressed them up" with scrapbook paper and crochet flowers! They'd make some lovely gift containers - so pretty!