Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Crochet Purse #2

Hello,

Every time my mom went to the store, she tucked her money INSIDE her shirt.  She had a few purses but she didn't like them.  So I offered to make her one.  She chose the color and the size of the purse.   And this is what I made her.  The purse measured about 5 x 9 inches.  The handle was about 30 inches.








 For the purse handle I used 2 rows of 3 dc clusters and single crochet stitches on each side to help prevent stretching.
 I hand stitched the liner and the zipper.  It look much nicer then my first crochet purse.

 I asked her to add a big rose, the same color, to the purse but she said she's too old for that.  She carried it every time we went to the store.  So I guessed she likes it.  I think the purse would look much nicer with the rose.  May be I'll make another one with the rose.

 The inspiration was from here.

Helen

5 comments:

Ann said...

It's very nice. You keep showing us pictures of all your purses I may have to give it a try myself :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh that is so wonderful of you to make your mom a purse!! I wish I could make one!!

chillin with Quillin said...

lovely purse,sweet that you made it for your Mom!!!!
Paula

Whimcees said...

Hello!

What a great gift - beautifully done! You have been making some awesome crocheted projects! So talented! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

SUGANTHI said...

Lovely!!