Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Personalize Knit Mitten

Hello,

I finally did it.  I learned how to knit mitten and I knitted with the double point knitting needle.  The process looked intimidating at first  with the three needles hanging on the mitten.   But once I got a few rows started, it wasn't too bad.

After finishing the mitten it look too plain so I looked up HERE how to do the duplicate stitch.  I used the grid paper to mark the "v" and followed it from there.  It was my first time doing the duplicate stitch so it took me quit some time to make one "v."


I made a matching hat and a matching scarf.
A lady Pam requested two pink sets so I made another set in light pink.


Hat pattern HERE.  The puff flower was inspired from here.  However, instead of just pull up the loops, I used double crochet cluster stitches to make the puff flower.
 The two little girls have the same name , Valerie, how easy is that!

As always thank you for stopping by!

Helen



8 comments:

Panda8ngel said...

These are so beautiful!! She will love the gifts! Good job!

Patty O'Malley said...

Very pretty, Helen. You need to make these in adult sizes.

Ann said...

The whole set looks fantastic. I never could get the hang of knitting. I believe that there is just nothing you can't do Helen. :)

Dawn said...

Wow - these are beautiful. I learned to knit a couple years ago, and while I could do the stitches, I couldn't figure out a pattern to save my life :) Love the beautiful scarf and hat with the pretty flowers. These are all sure to be a hit.

Hugs, Dawn

SUGANTHI said...

I can only dream of creating something like this.

JustNeedling said...

wow! The whole set is so beautiful!

Jan Hennings said...

What a sweet mitten and scarf set...too cute!

Rae said...

All are Lovely, Helen!