Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Masculine Cards

Hello again friends,

Today I like to share these masculine birthday cards.  It's always been a challenge for me to make any card especially masculine card.  I met a blogger friend, hi Rachel, and Rachel told me that I should get embossing folders.  They are fast and easy for quick card.  I never own any embossing folder before I met Rachel now I owned a bunch.  Thanks Rachel!!  Check out Rachel's blog here.

 For this first card I just ran the embossing folder and the whisper white card stock through the big shot.  Then I stamped the star from retired holiday collection and hand cut them out.

 

Card Stocks: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, and So Saffron
Ink: Chocolate Chip
The sentiment was from Fundamental Phrase.
Embossing Folder was from Cuttlebug.
I got the ribbon from AC Moore for $1 for a 5 yards spool and I was a happy gal to see it matched SU Brilliant Blue card stock.

 For this second card I inked up my brayer and brayed it on the debossed size of the embossing folder.  Then I placed the whisper white card stock in the folder, closed the folder and ran it through the big shot.  Check back tomorrow for the step-by-step tutorial.

 
Card stocks: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper white
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Sentiment: Sincere Salutations
Large Oval punch and Small Star punch

Thank you so much for visiting!!!

Helen



No comments: